CFRCluj.net - English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CFRCluj.net - English Forum

Forum for CFRCluj.net visitors (English only) - Please introduce yourselves and you will get a quick response!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Empty
PostSubject: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 10:03 am

Who do you think is going to win the league and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cfrcluj.net
Malcom

Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm

I hope the winner will be the CFR, for you which team will be the other big favourite: Steaua, Rapid or Dinamo??
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 pm

My personal opinion on the top teams in LIga 1:

CFR Cluj: played really well last autumn(except in the uefa cup), but this spring was a complete let down. The team had no tactical organization and no offensive inspiration. The results in the friendlies seem promising, but I need to see how we play in an official game to make up my mind. Of the new players, only Pereira and Alcantara will get first team spots.

Rapid: Transferred a lot of decent foreign players. Julio Cesar seems really good, as do the two players from Madeira and Pitbull. However, I don't know what to say about Peseiro. He didn't have any notable results with Panathinaikos last season (finishing only third in Greece), so I don't think he's that good a coach. Still, if these new players and the coach can adapt, i think Rapid will finish in second.

Steaua: Lots of scandals last year which probably affected the players. With a few exceptions, I didn't see much football from them in 2007/2008. They lost Dica, their top goalscorer for the past 4 years, so thats a big blow. However, Szekely seems to be a really good signing from what I've seen. Still, the friendly results are not good for Steaua. Three draws and a loss with some mediocre teams (except Salzburg), proves that Steaua aren't on the right path. I don't see them finishing in the top 3.

Dinamo: Their basically relying on the same squad as last year. If they can fix their problems at their home games, they should finish on the podium. PLus, Dinamo tends not to have two bad years in a row.

Timisoara: Dusan Uhrin is a very attack minded coach so I see them scoring a lot of goals, expecially since they got that 1.95 Czech centre forward. Their defense, which was their weak point last season, has improved with Stretanovic's signing. They transferred a lot of players. If the majority of them adapt to Romanian football, Timisoara can even fight for the title.

Urziceni: They have two players with long-term injuries, but they did transfer Sorin Frunza and Dinu Todoran who both had a really good season last year. Still, Dan Petrescu may be an excellent tactician, but he can only do so much. Don't see them doing very well next season.

Vaslui: Transferred a lot of foreigners. I think Francois and Burdujan are their best transfers. Still, I don't think their players have the skill to break the team into the top 5.

Brasov: Personally, they're going to be the big surprise next season. They have some really good, experienced players like Ilyes, Maldarusanu, and Nae. Hadnagy is a really good goalscorer, while Sburlea is one of the most talented young Romanian players. PLus, they just transferred Buga from Rapid. They can finish in the top 5 if they're lucky. Mark my words.
Back to top Go down
allnighty

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I'm glad that we won against Otopeni and that we started the season well but as Andone said there is room for much improvement in the team's game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah, Pereira was the weak spot (no offense to Scott). If you read my review, and watch some highlights you'll see that most of Otopeni's "chances" (more like incursions) came from his side. But Deac was amazing sunday. He should definetely be on the national team. He's much better than old-man Petre.
Back to top Go down
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 am

No offense about Pereira being terrible that first match since I believe you 100%, but I am dying to know the details of the second one...I tried to get as much as I could from the Romanian, but it didn't really work too well.
Back to top Go down
http://argentinos.theoffside.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:38 pm

I'll get the match review up asap, but I've been very busy lately, so that's why there have been delays. Pereira didnt play terribly against Otopeni, but he could have played better. He was much better against Buzau, though.
Back to top Go down
Scott

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 pm

No worries at all. Like I said, I am excited to read it, but there's no need for you to rush!
Back to top Go down
http://argentinos.theoffside.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 11:13 am

Got the review and other news up. Also watch the videos of the two own-goals. The first one is absolutely hilarious Very Happy . Still, the team didn't play very well, so a win (or even a draw) against Rapid next week seems doubtful. Hopefully the boys can gather themselves and concentrate for the upcoming derby.
Back to top Go down
Malcom

Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 pm

Great review and videos. I'm really happy about Peralta been the man of the match, hope he'll do the same against Rapid.
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Malcom

Malcom

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Hey,
Will you post your review of the U Craiova match?

Thanks!

MalcoM
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 11:06 pm

Liga 1 will most likely be won by Dinamo this year. I'm not too sure how they'll do against the big boys in the CL...They haven't exactly played well this season.

As for CFR, a 3-6 finish seems certain, earning a place in the Europa League. Third place and/or winning the cup will gauruntee a spot in the last round before the group stage. If not, we'll have to play two rounds before the group stage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A   Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Liga 1 - Formerly Divizia A
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CFRCluj.net - English Forum :: English :: Matches-
Jump to: