CFRCluj.net - English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CFRCluj.net - English Forum

Forum for CFRCluj.net visitors (English only) - Please introduce yourselves and you will get a quick response!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 8:01 am

With our first real international appearance, the club is going to gain sympathizers from all over the world. This thread is dedicated to these fans in the making.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cfrcluj.net
CLUJ_1907_burberry

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:17 pm

i'm sure that a lot of people are interest about CFR CLUJ
Back to top Go down
Oxford Cluj

Oxford Cluj

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am

Hello everybody, new member, first post.

Live in Oxford, here in the UK. Had the opportunity to visit Cluj in June with a friend who comes from Jibou. Spent the weekend visiting his family in Cluj, Jibou and Zalau. Managed a quick trip round the stadium and was interested in the team, especially now they are in the Champions League.

I found everybody very helpful and their hospitality was unbelievable. Also invited to his sisters graduation at Cluj University, Oxford is famous for it's University but I don't think we have as many students as you have!

Lets hope we can beat the dominance of the Bucharest teams? cheers
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 9:10 am

Welcome to the forum Oxford! It's nice to finally have a Brit here.
Cluj is indeed a university city. Estimates put the student population at about 60,000 and growing. Of course, it's difficult to compare our university with the prestigious Oxford.

As for football, I do hope we can wrest a second consecutive title from Bucharest. However, it will be harder this year. All of our main rivals have strengthened their squads very heavily, especially Rapid. Plus, CFR has the extra games in the Champions' League, which may make or break the team.
Back to top Go down
december

PostSubject: heh, not quite   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:00 pm

Cluj-Napoca has a metropolitan population of 540.000 and growing; Babes-Bolyai University has 60.000 students, overall there are over 100.000 students, more than half being from other cities in Romania.

University is not as expensive as it is in the UK, thats probably the reason why Oxford has ~25.000 students Smile; the yearly taxes here sum up to ~ 800 euros.

Because romanians can't afford high prices, romanian universities are forced to lower the cost but increase the number of students in order to still receive enough money to compete with western universities, thus the percent of university graduates in Romania is higher than it is in the UK. This however doesn't mean that all students here are good, in fact there are many crappy universities where basically students "pay" for diplomas.
Back to top Go down
Pitt Evertonian

Pitt Evertonian

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 5:03 pm

Hey guys, my name is Matt and I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (kind of like Transylvania), USA. I found out about your club when this year's UEFA CL Access List came out and I decided to look your club up. When I found out the club is located in Transylvania, I made you my club to follow for this season's Champions League since obviously Everton is not in the competition. As you can tell, I support Everton in the Premier League, but I also support my local club in the States, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds who are in the third tier of football in the USA. We have a supporters club as well and can be found at www.steelarmy.com.

Anyways, you guys have a tough draw with Chelski, Bordeaux, and Roma, but I hope you guys can take some points and enjoy the fact that you are playing against some world class clubs. I look forward to following your journey, especially the home match vs. Chelsea. Good luck!!

Just want to give a quick shout out to Juan Toja on here. I know you guys probably hate him since he plays for Steaua, but he recently transfered over from FC Dallas, a club here in the States.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:26 am

Pitt Evertonian wrote:
Hey guys, my name is Matt and I am from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (kind of like Transylvania), USA. I found out about your club when this year's UEFA CL Access List came out and I decided to look your club up. When I found out the club is located in Transylvania, I made you my club to follow for this season's Champions League since obviously Everton is not in the competition. As you can tell, I support Everton in the Premier League, but I also support my local club in the States, the Pittsburgh Riverhounds who are in the third tier of football in the USA. We have a supporters club as well and can be found at www.steelarmy.com.

Anyways, you guys have a tough draw with Chelski, Bordeaux, and Roma, but I hope you guys can take some points and enjoy the fact that you are playing against some world class clubs. I look forward to following your journey, especially the home match vs. Chelsea. Good luck!!

Just want to give a quick shout out to Juan Toja on here. I know you guys probably hate him since he plays for Steaua, but he recently transfered over from FC Dallas, a club here in the States.

Welcome to the forum, Matt! We hope Cluj will not dissappoint in the CL. We indeed have one of the tougher groups. Chelsea and Roma are big names with world-class players. Bordeaux is an opponent that is closer to our level, even though they had a great season in France last year. We hope to make a few points and earn one or two big results against our opponents.
Btw, let's hope Everton makes it into Europe next year, and why not even in the CL? It would be interesting to play another English team!
Back to top Go down
PMC

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 9:51 am

hey I'm a follower of romanian football from Austria... I 1st didn't like CFR Cluj because of their transfer policy but it seems to improve the overall standard of Liga1 which will eventually help romanian players too

I've been doing liga1 for Pro Evolution Soccer as hobby where CFR is almost complete Wink

I frankly think these are the best stats for a romanian PES fan

I wish CFR the best of luck against Roma... my team seems out of it anyways (steaua)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:30 pm

PMC wrote:
hey I'm a follower of romanian football from Austria... I 1st didn't like CFR Cluj because of their transfer policy but it seems to improve the overall standard of Liga1 which will eventually help romanian players too

I've been doing liga1 for Pro Evolution Soccer as hobby where CFR is almost complete Wink

I frankly think these are the best stats for a romanian PES fan

I wish CFR the best of luck against Roma... my team seems out of it anyways (steaua)

Welcome to the forum, PMC. I was doubtful of the transfer policy at first myself. However, it seems to have worked, but I'd still like to see more younger players coming in (whether they are Romanian or foreign, it doesn't matter).
So are you an official researcher for Konami or do you just do it for fun? Either way I think thats really cool!
We'll have a hell of a time against Roma. The Romans are in excellent form having beaten Lecce 3-0 away, so I doubt we can win. Nevertheless, I doubted we could get anything from Rome too, so hopefully I'll be mistaken again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Libertea

PostSubject: Hello Mariusz!!!   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:32 pm

Hello all,

I am not Romanian but I play soccer and use to play with Alex. Alex was an amazing and good human being. Good website. I am impressed and thanks for keeping it going. This is my first post.

Lets get into a tournament this year...we had a good time last time.

say hi to Bogdan and cheers,

Back to top Go down
sarkarinaukris

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:47 am

Hey,

Nice to see you guys here.Best wishes to all.I hope will make some friends at here. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves   Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Fans Introduce Yourselves
Page 1 of 1