CFRCluj.net - English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CFRCluj.net - English Forum

Forum for CFRCluj.net visitors (English only) - Please introduce yourselves and you will get a quick response!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Argentina -

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Argentina - Empty
PostSubject: Argentina -   Argentina - Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 11:09 pm

Discussions about football in Argentina.
About what level is the Argentine Primera at?
Are there any players who you would think would be perfect for C.F.R.?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cfrcluj.net
Scott

Argentina - Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentina -   Argentina - Icon_minitimeFri Jul 25, 2008 9:47 am

I have been in Argentina for the past five years and it would appear that the level is falling to a certain degree. The players themselves are better and better, but fans are complaining that the level of attacking and passing, etc. is not what it used to be. That sort of idea is common throughout the world (what my professor called "Golden Age-itis"...the idea that everything was better in the old days), but as clubs in non-traditional football powers are opening their wallets more and more each year (including Romania, Russia, and the Arab countries), more players are leaving at a younger age (I believe that Pereira is ready to play at a Champions' League level, but I would have preferred to see him get one more year of experience before. OK, I'm just selfish and wanted to see him play another year for Argentinos) and players who aren't so good are forced into action. With all that being said, River Plate, Boca Juniors and Estudiantes de la Plata are all fielding teams that could compete in the best leagues in the world and there are always a dozen or so players who are ready to make the jump to high-level football in important countries.
Back to top Go down
http://argentinos.theoffside.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Argentina - Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentina -   Argentina - Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2008 9:19 pm

Yeah I know what you mean when you speak of old-age-itis. Everybody has a certain nostalgia for the past, whether it be football or just life in general. I can say that I certainly do. Although it may seem a bit crazy, I actually kind of miss the days when CFR used to be an small club. Back then the players, management, and even some fans weren't quite as arrogant as now. Still, I vastly prefer the current situation in comparison to what was several years ago.

On-topic: Argentine league is probably at the same level as Turkish, or Portuguese leagues. But I think that Argentina is still a massive producer of talent, the best in the world in that sense, for the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cfrcluj.net
Sponsored content

Argentina - Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentina -   Argentina - Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argentina -
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CFRCluj.net - English Forum :: English :: External Football-
Jump to: